asdf

asdf

Monday, February 16, 2015

New blog for new adventures!

Quite a lot has happened since my last blog post. The biggest change--my name! It didn't seem right to keep posting on "JKayC" since my last name is Koehn now, so I decided it was time to start a new blog.

It's been almost 9 months now that I've been married. "So how is married life?"--the question I get asked constantly. My usual smart ass answer is, "Well, I'm still married", but the honest answer is married life is great. Not too much has changed since before we were married, but some things have. On the positive side, I feel like I'm really part of a team now. When life happens as it often does, we can approach it together. It is sometimes a challenge for me since I like to be in control and feel I always need to do everything by myself, but it's been nice to be able to have another person that I love who is always there to help me. I can't say that there are any real negatives, but being married has definitely forced me to look toward the future--growing the family in particular. The idea of having a child is pretty scary and although we aren't trying right now, having it out in the near future is still pretty daunting. We are having to take a closer look at our finances (ugh) and also our motivations for wanting children. Do we want to have kids because it is what we think we are supposed to do? Or because it is what we want to do. Some pretty deep thinking for someone who can almost pee her pants laughing at a fart.

That's all I got for now, but I figured that at least it's a start!

No comments:

Post a Comment